Revive those dead radios!

[email protected] replied the topic: Re:Revive those dead radios!

8 years 5 months ago

Yeah I remember. You had to be stoned out of your mind to actually enjoy \" Summertime Blues\".
I read an interview with Mick Jagger many years ago where he said he didn't want to be singing Satisfaction when he was 40 years old.
He must be 65 by now. Now that hes richer than God, you think hes got some Satisfaction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jerry replied the topic: Re:Revive those dead radios!

8 years 2 months ago

Hello. I am in the same boat. I have a real clean Panasonic RF-2600 that I acquired on ebay. Only the FM works great. The AM and SW bands are very faint. I have sprayed a little Deox on the RF & Band switches BUT only from the front panel. I took back off but the above mentioned switches are still under another circuit board!!! How do I get there??
Thanks, Jerry

Starmanxl5 replied the topic: Re:Revive those dead radios!

7 years 7 months ago

Colin I have a year old Grundig G6 that was working great until it was plugged into a 9V cellphone wall wart :-( at which time a pop was heard when the display went blank, and needless to say it's not working now.

Would you be prepared to try and repair it?

Thanks
Les

twinlake replied the topic: Re: Revive those dead radios!

5 years 3 months ago

I agree with De-Oxite type. I've worked on a lot of radios and equipment that had goo and gunk-
where the contacts should be dry or nearly dry. Avoid cheap sprays from you know where. Also, a little
dab will do ya. Now, over the years I've cleaned quite an array of equipment with the darndest stuff.
But--that's on the job, in the trunk of a cop car, or in a rack at 3am. Only with experience.