Attic mounted loops....

buckeyeair created the topic: Attic mounted loops....

7 years 11 months ago

I am wanting to install a good loop on a rotator (I just bought a used Channel Master #9516 rotator etc.) in my attic....can't install anything outside due to home owners restrictions. I am currently mainly interested in the MW freq.s but would want something that would also work well up to 30 Mhz...I have a Quantum QX that I like very well for MW but will mainly be using it as a mobile antenna. How badly will it effect the reception of say one of the Wellbrook loops to have it mounted inside and up in the attic?
Thanks and 73's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blackhawks1 replied the topic: Re: Attic mounted loops....

4 years 1 month ago

I have the Wellbrook ala 100m.I've had it for about a year now,but never hooked it up because I couldn't really make an outdoor loop where I live now.I did,however finally form a loop inside the house buy running it on an interior wall.Of course there was a lot of RF noise when I finally got to try it.I was surprised at how strong the signals came in.Especially compared to a Pixel pro1 antenna I have mounted 10' above the roof.BTW..The loop was approx 40' in circumference.I'm going to try it inthe attic next.I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

colin replied the topic: Re: Attic mounted loops....

4 years 1 month ago

I have 2 ALA100 and 1 ALA100(M) which is the short loop I believe -
You can actually install one in your home and depending on the integrity of the loop, you can rotate it to NULL out noise.

It is simply the most wonderful antenna development of the last decade.

twinlake replied the topic: Re: Attic mounted loops....

4 years 1 month ago

Ramsey electronics makes a great loop! It's encased in PVC< and built for outdoor mounting.
It's MW up into SW frequencies. It takes RG-6, and a small box at the receiver location.

They build some pretty neat stuff.