Tecsun PL880

colin created the topic: Tecsun PL880

3 years 5 months ago

ozcaver wrote: Having seen reports of this new portable offering from Tecsun, it looks great, has potential and may well be worth getting hold of! Anyone have any idea on its possible release date?

And here is the link for this radio in development - No SYNC detect
but that is not always a deal breaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

colin replied the topic: Tecsun PL880

3 years 5 months ago

Thank you for the updates - enjoying your posts...

You should add an "avatar" (photo left...)

KG7KNP replied the topic: Tecsun PL880

2 years 4 months ago

I can see this thread has not been active for a while but I just wanted to tell the whole world how much I LOVE my PL-880. It is one helluva radio, the first I have ever owned with such features - truly variable selectivity, real SSB reception, not just a cheesy unstable BFO. Good sensitivity........really nothing to complain about. Wish I'd had something half as good in my early SWLing years.......well, maybe yes, maybe no, I suppose part of the fun was dealing with cheapo hand-me-down radios.....I would have been spoiled had I had something so capable. I may get a PL-660 just so I can have both.

twinlake replied the topic: Tecsun PL880

2 years 4 months ago

I have a 660, and it does a pretty good job. I have the luxury of having many receivers for comparison.
I thought of making the 880 an early Christmas gift. Some reviews have been doubtful, and my thoughts were to let
production continue for awhile. I try never to by early models of anything made. Gremlins and revisions will shake out in
the marketplace.(If the Chinese learn from what Japan went through 40 years ago).